Top 10 Green Building Trends of 2010
Sean Penrith, executive director of the Earth Advantage Institute, a non-profit based in Portland that certifies green buildings, recently published a list of ten green building trends to watch in 2010. As expected, economics and technological advances are the driving forces behind many of these trends.
Several of the trends include:
- Smart Grid & connected buildings
- Energy labeling for homes and office buildings
- Increased use of building information modeling (BIM) software
- Buy-in to green building by the financial community
- “Right-sizing” of homes
- Carbon calculations of building materials and processes
Increased support for green building from both the general public and from the financial sector is also discussed. The complete report is available from the Earth Advantage Institute.